Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day

I hope this doesn't sound creepy, but I love Memorial Day.  Let me tell you why.  Ever since I was a little girl, it has been a family tradition on my moms side to meet at my Grandma Kartchner's house the Sunday before Memorial Day, pick flowers from her beautiful gardens and make gorgeous arrangements, and then take them down to the Provo cemetery to put on the graves of our loved ones that have passed.  I know that a lot of people do this, but one thing that makes it extra special to me is that at every grave someone tells us a story about that person.  Usually it is my Grandma Kartchner.  This has been so neat for me while growing up, and still to this day, to feel like I know these people that I have never met, but that I am related to.  Such an amazing legacy that is being passed on.  This year was especially fun because my girls were enthralled with all of the stories.  I love that they are having the same experience that I did when I was young, and learning about their ancestors.  It was a beautiful day, and the cemetery was gorgeous.  Such a peaceful place!
On Memorial Day we went up to the cabin, had lunch, and spent the day playing in the cool air.  Pure bliss!




LOVE my Grandma Kartchner!!

No comments: