Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day was different this year then it has been in the past.  Chad is out of town, and has been for a couple of weeks now.  I was being selfish and was kind of bummed that I wasn't going to have a day where I could just relax.  But, the girls made my day wonderful!  I was woken up in the morning by this lovely plate of breakfast in bed.  On the menu?  A piece of toast with butter melted on it, honey, little pepperoni, and a chocolate malt egg in the center.  All beautifully surrounded by some pennies.  The girls put so much thought into this plate, and it made me feel so loved!  Even though it wasn't necessarily edible, I wouldn't have wanted anything different.


After breakfast we got ready for church, and I was lucky enough to hear the girls sing to me.  I cried.  I've never been emotional before when they have sung in church, but for some reason I was today.  I think it was because I was looking at my beautiful girls and realizing that they are growing up!  ALL of my girls are in "real" primary now.  No more nursery for us.  They have sprung up like Spring flowers, and I am afraid that time is passing me by too quickly.  They are beautiful, sweet, and caring little girls, and I want them to stay that way forever! (well, most days :) )  I am so thankful that I get to be their mother.  What an amazing privilege!

After church, my sister and her family came over, and we enjoyed a nice dinner with great conversation, and lots of laughs.

I am so grateful to my own mom and for all that she has taught me!  She is such an amazing woman!!  I hope that I can be as good of a mom to my girls, as she has been to me!  Love you mom!

Happy Mother's Day out there to all of my wonderful friends and family members that are moms!  You have all been an inspiration to me!!

No comments: