Wednesday, June 1, 2011

BEAR WORLD!!!! (I know, SCARY right?)

This past weekend Chad and I headed up to Rexburg, Idaho for the blessing of his brother's new little baby Rory. Since we don't get very much time together with school, work, and just life, we decided to make it a weekend away for just the two of us.
We found a couple of amazing people to take our girls (THANK YOU Mom, Maria, and Cami!!!) and we headed out on Friday morning. We took our time getting up to Idaho by making few fun stops. When we made it to Rexburg we dropped by Ryan and Corinne's to say hi (and for me to hold Rory :) She is so tiny, and SO adorable!). After a quick hello we headed out to dinner at Frontier Pies. It actually was fantastic, and we stuffed ourselves to the brim. We were going to see the new Pirates movie, but we still had a little time, so we decided to play a little bit of mini golf. We had the entire course to ourselves! We made it through pretty fast, so instead of hitting our balls in on the last hole we decided to go back to the beginning and race through the course as fast as we could. I was in the lead for almost the entire time, but then Chad decided to cheat...just kidding, he won fair and square. I made the mistake of hitting my ball off the course and not being able to find it :)
The movie was fantastic!! I would definitely recommend it!
The next day we headed out early to BEAR WORLD!! Most people that know me know that I am TERRIFIED of bears!!! Seriously! They scare me to death! I won't even go camping because I am afraid of them. I might reconsider the camping thing if we could find an electric fence to go around the tent..... BUT, Chad really wanted to go, so I braved it and went. I do have to say that it FREAKED me out!! Do you realize that you drive through the park in YOUR OWN car?????? The bears are just walking around!!! I about had a heart attack when one of the bears stood up on the car in front of us!
We did go on a tour bus that lets you throw food to the BIG bears! They even stand up against the side of it. I stayed completely inside, and just took pictures while Chad fed the bears.
I did have a chance to feed a baby bear.......AMAZING!!!! I was SO nervous, and I still was even after I had been doing it for a minute (they are feisty little suckers!), but I am so happy that I did it! The baby bears were probably the best part of the whole thing for me.
After Bear World we met up with Chad's brother Ryan, his sister Breann, and their kids and hit the zoo. They were having a bird show, and they were talking about a hawk, and instead of giving it a piece of meat they gave it a tiny little baby chicken!!!! Yellow feathers and all! It was so sad!
Then all of us met up with David and Paige and we hit the bowling alley. It was so much fun! I broke 50!!! I was so proud of myself :) Chad was bowling on the kids lane (with bumpers) and barely broke 100 :) Then we hit the college deli, which was quite delish. Lots of catching up, and chatting, and just plain fun.
On Sunday, Ryan and Corinne treated us to a wonderful potato bar and fruit. Then we headed to church for the blessing. It was beautiful! The whole weekend was amazing, and much needed! So fun to be able to reconnect!

Here are a BUNCH of pictures from Bear World, and a few others.....

This is at Frontier Pies....they served their drinks in these huge Mason Jars.

I like the ones that can't really eat you

GRIZZLY BEAR!!!! They tell you that they are behind electric fences because they are territorial, but who are we kidding??? It is so that they don't eat you!!

This is how close they were!


Baby deer that was born early in the morning on the day we were there

Cute little guys


Me and my cute hubby :)


They would stand up.......

Or sit and beg for food.

EEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!! SO CLOSE!!!


Absolutely amazing experience! (The look on my face is kind of half smiling and half scared)

This hat totally fits Chad's personality!

A potato museum?? We HAD to stop and check it out!

So fun to have a weekend away, but so nice to get home and see the girls!!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Looks like nothing but FUN! We are going to have to check out Bear World...And you can lead the way now that you are all brave!! :)

Lisa & Aukuso said...

weekends away from the kiddies are well deserved, well loved, and well...just WELL. Good for you!

Jenn said...

How fun! I didn't know there was such a thing as Bear World. Now I want to go check it out next time I'm in that area.