Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sister Fun

So the past couple of days have been really fun for me. My sister, Amy, who lives in Maryland, came out to visit for a week. We don't get to see her very often, so we made sure that we took advantage of the time we had together. On Sunday evening our whole family got together at my parents house and we had a BBQ. It was so much fun to see all of the grandkids together. On Monday we headed up to the Zoo for a day of fun. The kids, and adults, had such a good time! Since I don't have a digital camera, if you would like to see pictures of our trip to the zoo you can go to the Heal Family link and look at them there. A lot of the animals were out, and really close to the fences and glass which made it even more fun for the kids. After we looked at all of the animals we dined on some soft pretzels, french fries, chicken and root beer (that was a big hit). Then we went and rode the train. An exciting end to an exciting outing. On Tuesday, we all got together at my sister maria's house. She was gracious enough to let all of our kids come and run wild in her house. We had pizza and just sat around and talked. It was really nice to spend time with my sisters and my mom. We are all so busy, and some live far away, that it is hard to get together very often. So needless to say, I have had a really good past couple of days.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The pictures are cute! Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time. What cute kids and I think there was one picture of Amy's son.......Does he look just like her???? From what I saw he does!

J and L said...

It was fun! I'm sad I missed the Tuesday play day, but Jared said it was fun. Your mom said that Oaklee kept trying to "save" him from everyone else jumping on him by taking him by the hand to a chair away from everyone saying "here Jayed!".
Too cute!!

Corinne Hoyt said...

That sounds like so much fun! Sisters are fun!