Monday, September 20, 2010

Oquirrh Mountain

Things have been so busy lately that I haven't been able to write about a really great experience that Chad and I had. Last week we were able to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple with David and Paige and do some sealings. With school, work, raising kids etc.. it has been awhile since Chad and I have been able to go to the temple besides for weddings and such. Just walking in the temple doors I felt a calming peace that I wish I could have with me all of the time.

While we waited in the marriage waiting room we were able to chat with David and Paige and catch up on life and the changes that are coming our way. We were also able to take in the beauty of this temple. Chad showed me that all throughout the temple there are circles. Ones that are linked together in a forever chain representing eternity and ones that are linked together like the infinity sign also representing eternity......there were no breaks in the circles...a never ending chain.

As we were doing the sealings it was so amazing to be able to listen to the blessings that Chad and I were promised 8 and a half years ago when we were sealed for time and all eternity. It was overwhelming to me, and the Spirit was so strong. It was also really touching to be able to see Chad and his dad together in the temple. I am SO glad that Chad holds the Priesthood, and that he honors it! I am thankful for the blessings that the priesthood brings into our family! And, I am thankful to Chad's dad for being an example to him in many ways.

I have decided that I want to make it a point to go to the temple as often as I can, and I am so thankful to David and Paige, and many other friends that are willing to help me with this goal. I can't wait to go back and feel that peace, and remember all of the blessings that I have in my life.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

That post gave me the chills! We should do a girls night out, temple style:)

Jen said...

I love the temple, I always have such an easier time with life when I go! Andre and I go once a month, we don't always doa session, sometimes we do sealings, or inarionaries, (yeah I can't spell it but sure you know what I mean) it's nice to hear all the different blessings that we are promised and to see the blessings that come to our family by going!

Norda said...

Love this post. And I agree, the Priesthood is such a blessing in our home as well! The temple is amazing that way....all the things we can learn there...amazing! Love ya Nicole and your cute family!