Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Let Freedom Ring

The 4th of July is my absolute favorite holiday of the year.  I love everything about it!  Spending time with family, warm weather, playing at the cabin, the canyon, yummy food, fireworks, and of course the amazing freedom that we are celebrating.  I am a very patriotic person, and I love celebrating the freedom that so many men and women of our country fight to preserve.  I'm so thankful to them for providing me with the freedoms that I take for granted every day.  I am so happy to be able to teach my girls what the 4th of July is about, and how special of a day it really is.

This year was a pretty low-key celebration for us.  We started out the day up at the cabin with many of my aunts, uncles, and cousins on my mom's side of the family.  In all there were 33 adults, and 36 kids. Definitely a full house, but SO much fun!

I was able to get this fabulous picture of my Grandma Kartchner, my mom, me, and my girls.  Four generations in one picture.  Priceless!  I am so happy that my girls have the opportunity to know and love my grandma just as much as I do.


After the cabin, we made our way home to do some fun little things of our own.  Chad went to a REAL soccer game, and the girls and I did some snaps and snakes.  We didn't buy any fireworks this year, mostly because of how unbelievable DRY it has been this year.  Our family has a history of starting things on fire (unintentionally of course), but needless to say, starting the mailbox on fire, or the fence (which have both happened in the past), could have big consequences this year.  So, we enjoyed our simple snaps and snakes, and watch everyone else's fireworks around us :)  My parents deck was the perfect place to view many of the fireworks in the entire neighborhood, and they were beautiful.


HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

No comments: