Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I HAVE AN 8-YEAR OLD!!!!

They say it, and it is really true...TIME FLIES!!! I can't believe that McKinzley is already 8 years old! This year for her birthday she wanted to just take her 2 best friends out for a "Princess Day Out". On her actual birthday she opened her presents and then had cake and her favorite dinner (breakfast for dinner) that night. I had a clinical so I wasn't able to be there for her blowing out her candles :( But, I was able to take her and her friends on their girls day. It was SO much fun!


It ended up being about 2 weeks after her birthday that we went on the "Princess's Day Out". We had it planned for the first Saturday after her birthday but her little friend was sick, so she decided that she wanted to wait until she could come.

We started out by going and buying them each a pair of flip-flops that they could wear after they got their mani/pedi, and a crown for each of them to wear. After we had those in tow we headed over to the salon to be pampered and boy did they love it!! (I'm getting them hooked early in life!)
So grown up!!
Gotta let them dry..
Finished product

Aren't they cute???!!!!
After they were pampered I took them for dinner and icecream. They were SURE that they needed the "regular" size icecreams from Leatherby's, and since it was for her birthday I let it slide. They each ended up only eating down the the top of the glass and they were full :)
I had just as much fun as these cute girls did! I can't believe that McKinzley is growing up so fast! She is such a sweet, kind, genuine, beautiful young lady. I am so proud of who she has become in these short 8 years. And, I am so excited that she has chosen to be baptized in April!
I love you McKinzley!!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

You are such a fun mom Nicole! What a cute birthday for both girls! I hope you are surviving school and clinicals and all of that- sounds like it's keeping you busy. Hopefully you are near the end!!!

Paige said...

F.U.N. Birthday! We are so looking forward to the baptism! I can't believe what a little lady she's turned in too- see you guys soon!

Kelly said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Your girls are so beautiful! One day when school is all done with you can look back and realize this is just a short time of your life and all you missed will be soooo worth it!;)

Unknown said...

Wow! I remember first meeting you and she was still inside you...yikes! She IS beautiful and you are a great mommy!

Jen said...

I love the pictures. What a fun day for her. I am glad she was able to do that with you, that will make it all that much better when she is older and remembering it. :)

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

That looks like the funnest birthday ever! Wow! Cute, cute pictures too.