Friday, November 5, 2010

Thankful for...

Even though we aren't to Thanksgiving yet I wanted to share a few things that I am thankful for:

1- Above all things, I am thankful to have the most beautiful and loving girls in the universe. There are times when this rock called "mom" feels like crumbling and my girls are always there to say something funny or make me feel good. People often make off the cuff comments about the fact that I have 5 kids-but let me tell you, I couldn't imagine my life without them. McKinzley, Taylin, Oaklee, Brexlyn, and Pemberlynn, I LOVE you so very much and I am thankful for you.

2- My husband, the first man to ever truly love me, and whom I love with all my heart.

3- The Gospel- We would be lost without it.

4- My family, who even though they sometimes don't see it, I love unconditionally and I always will.

5- I am thankful that my family believes in and supports us.

6- My friends, without whom my life would be empty and humorless.

7- I am thankful for my health, and that of my family, really thankful.

8- The gift of education and the opportunity that lies before me. The chance to make a new and better life for myself, and my family.

9- Having a roof over my head, clothes to wear and food to eat. Many many others around the world don't have half the things I take for granted each day.

10- That my life is full of rich opportunities that didn't exist last year.

11- That I see a world of hope and possibilities instead of constraints and necessities.

12- I am thankful for trials. Although they are hard, and sometimes the worst things we've gone through, I know they are important and a necessary part of life.

13- I'm thankful to live in this country. I'm thankful for the soldiers as well as ordinary Americans who are fighting too.

14- I am also thankful for Dr. Pepper. It is the Nectar of the Gods!





4 comments:

J and L said...

amen, amen, amen! And by the by, #4 they/we do see it. Even us lowly lowercases... ;)

Paige said...

I loved your list! You are right... TRUE,BEAUTIFUL Blessings abound! I love you girl! YOU are one of my blessing! Happy November!

Unknown said...

Very nice! And btw, I LOVE your side bar pix of each girl & you two! They turned out great!

Biker5 said...

Purely Inspirational!!! I'm the humorful friend aren't I?! Luv ya!