Sunday, April 4, 2010

Our New Addition

For those of you who don't know, Chad has been working up in Morgan County for quite awhile now, and he will continue to work up there or at Hill Air Force Base for a really long time. The reason that this is such a big deal is because he drives our Expedition to and from work every day costing us anywhere from $400-$500 a MONTH in gas! Quite frankly it has been putting a big dent in our income. So, we decided to invest in a car. We ended up buying a 2006 Honda Accord Coupe, 30,000 miles, and we got it for an AMAZING price. I know, I know....we only have 2 drivers in our little family and now we have 3 cars. BUT, we own our Expedition, so we really didn't want to get rid of it, plus, Chad will still need to use it occasionally to tow the trailer for work. So, we are hoping that this will be a good investment for us. It is kind of weird driving such a small car after driving something big/bigger for the last 6-7 years :) Here is a picture of our new little car :) You can't really tell in this picture, but it is a bluish/gray color.

11 comments:

Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha said...

It'll be a fun "DATE" car!

Jen said...

Looks nice! I bet it will help a LOT with gas. I couldnt imagine spending that much a month.

Stacy Stoddard said...

neal has a honda accord and it is a fun date car, and it is fun for me to drive occassionally when i can be by myself...it has some get up and go and it is great on gas. we love both of our honda's.

Norda said...

Hey Nicole! That is an insane amount of money for gas! I'd surely say that "little" car is a good investment!

Thanks for all the well-wishes by the way! We're doing pretty well (considering). Would you like to come visit this week? I'm open, except for Thursday. Facebook me (since I can't always get to the phone these days)!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MARNUNEFREI said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I heard great things about the Honda. Enjoy!!!

Paige said...

Heyyyy! That's my car! :) I love my Honda... hope you will love yours!

Jennifer Nikole said...

I miss my Accord!!! You will love it!

A. White Family said...

Hey that is a snazzy car, it makes sense to have a smaller car for long travels for one person than to take the family car that is a gas hog, no offense to the expedition lol. it looks nice I am happy for you.