Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Worst blogger ever!

So, obviously I am the worst blogger there is.  I started this blog to help me keep little notes and reminders of the fun things that are going on in our little family.  Well, it has now been almost a year since my last post.  It wouldn't be worth going back and typing in all of the different things that have happened over the year, because frequently I am long-winded, and no one would want to read that big of a post :)
This past year has definitely had some ups and downs for our family, but it has been a year full of tender mercies and blessings.  I am so grateful for the things I have in my life, and know that I am blessed daily.  We keep going forward and plugging our way through life, enjoying (almost) every minute of it.  So instead of typing a long post, I have asked the girls to help me come up with a list of things that have happened throughout the year...here we go:

Built a snowman
McKinzley turned 10
Taylin turned 9
Oaklee turned 7
Brexlyn turned 6
Pemberlynn turned 5
Chad got a new job as the Director of Maintenance at an Assisted Living Facility
Nicole graduated with AS in Nursing and got a job as an RN
McKinzley and Taylin donated their hair to Locks of Love
McKinzley went to Mill Hollow
Played all summer at Seven Peaks and the Cabin
Went to Lagoon
Visited Yellowstone
Went camping for the first time as a family.....and with extended family :)
SCHOOL STARTED!!
Nicole started Bachelor's in Nursing Program
Nicole got a new Stake calling over the cooking classes for the stake (What the?) I know, I don't get it.
All 5 girls started dance- McKinzley, Taylin, Brexlyn, Pemberlynn all in Jazz/Lyrical, Oaklee-Hip Hop
We have started the process of looking for a house!  Finally!

I'm sure there are many more things that have happened over this past year, and I'm sure we will think of other things to add, but the attention span of my girls only lasted about 5 minutes :)  Maybe I will make a New Year's resolution to be better about blogging, but that might just be setting myself up for failure ;)  I hope all of you are doing well, and that your families are happy and healthy.  I haven't really been a very good friend/sister/wife/mother/daughter/you name it, this year, and I apologize.  I hope that things can settle down, and I can work on it :)

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Where are you looking for houses? We really need to catch up!