Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mommy-Daughter Shopping Day

McKinzley's baptism day is sneaking up on us pretty fast! On Friday McKinzley and I headed out on a mommy-daughter shopping date to find her a dress to wear on her baptism day. But, what would a shopping day be without going out to lunch first?? So, I checked McKinzley out of school and we headed to Chili's (Yum) for a delicious lunch and a brownie sundae. McKinzley absolutely loved her mac-and-cheese and side of pineapple. She told me that she wanted to be healthy and that is why she got the pineapple :) Funny girl. This is her enjoying her "awesome" lunch. Who knew mac-and-cheese could be so cool?
After we stuffed ourselves full of deliciousness we headed out to shop. I took her to the store White Elegance, and as soon as we walked in she was BEAMING. The sales clerk was so cute and took McKinzley by the hand and told her that she was going to walk her around the store and pull down any dress that McKinzley liked and wanted to try on. Needless to say, this is what we ended up with...(most of the dresses have one or two dresses hanging up behind them...I think we ended up with about 12 dresses that she wanted to try on)
SHE WAS IN HEAVEN!!!!!
I think that standing in front of this mirror was one of her favorite parts :)
We ended up getting a GORGEOUS dress that she looks SO beautiful in! We did end up trying on EVERY single dress (she has turned out to be quite picky), and she narrowed it down to two. I think it took her about 20 minutes of trying one on and then the other over and over again before she made the decision of the one that she wanted :) I am so excited for her! She is so excited to be baptized! I can't believe that she is so grown up. It was so much fun to spend the day with her and listen to her chat about all of the things that are important to her. She cracks me up! I am so proud of her! I will post pictures of the dress she chose with her baptism pictures........

2 comments:

Paige said...

What a fun day! Those are the sweetest memories for mom and daughter. Too soon, you are going to be shopping for her wedding dress. After her mission, her masters degree and when she makes Junior Associate at the firm of her choice... naturally. :)

Unknown said...

How sweet! That sounds/looks like a ton of fun going out with just ONE child! She is such a cute girl!