Monday, February 1, 2010

A Goal I Want To Stick With

Even though it is February now, I have been thinking about goals that I not only want to accomplish this year, but goals that I want to make a part of me. I want them to become habits for me. The most important one to me can be summed up in the following words to this song:

"Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad? If not, I have failed indeed. Has anyone's burden been lighter today because I was willing to share? Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way? When they needed my help was I there?"

I would really like to be able to say "YES!" to all of the questions in this song. And that is my goal for the year. I have heard of people that pray every day to know one person that they can help that day, and then they do it. I really want to try this, and I am hoping that it will make me a better person, and improve the relationships that I have in my life with friends and family.