Thursday, July 17, 2008

4th of July

The 4th of July was such a fun day for us!  We started out by having lunch at my family's cabin that is up Provo canyon.  It is so nice and beautiful up there.  We all had a really fun time!

                                                              Chad and Brexlyn

Here is me and the girls on the porch swing.  I got sick of standing behind them to push them, so I decided to join in on the swinging fun.

                                  McKinzley, Oaklee, and Taylin.  Aren't they so cute!!??

After we spent time at our cabin we headed down to Chad's moms house for a BBQ and some fireworks.  The first thing we did were snakes.  I don't know if you are familiar with this firework but I loved them when I was little and I thought for sure that my girls would love them.  Come to find out, in my old age, I find them rather weird and kindof disgusting.  The girls did enjoy them though.
During the traditional "snaps fight"  Aidan and Brexlyn hung out on the blanket chewing on all of the empty boxes from the kids (and adults).
The wind was blowing really hard so the fireworks, mainly the snakes, were hard to start.  That is when Drew decided to get some kind of accelerant and spray all of the snakes with a burst of flame.
                                              This was the result.  Kindof gross huh?
Here is a picture of all of the people who were at the BBQ and fireworks show.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun day!!! Great pictures.

J and L said...

Sounds like a blast! Definitely better than ours. And we missed another cabin trip. Oh well... We'll be there next week! Can't wait to see you all!